Non-repayable grants are available to home owners or tenants who rent from a private landlord. Tenants who own more than 50% of a housing association property can also qualify.
- Home Owners
- Private Tenants
Tenants, must seek permission from the landlord before applying for a grant.
Someone living in the property must be receiving one or more of the following benefits:
- Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-Related Employment
- Working Tax Credit
Additional criteria applies to all benefits except Pension Credit. Click here to view full criteria.
Boiler & System Criteria
If you have central heating and your boiler is over 5 years old, you should qualify to have it replaced free of charge.
If you have no central heating and the property is connected to the gas network you can also qualify to have central heating installed, depending on how the property is heated.
- Existing Boiler rating from C to G.
- Boiler must be under 86% efficient.
- Boiler is more than 5 years old.
- Check SEDBUK Database if not sure.
- No Central Heating can also qualify.
- Property must have mains gas.
In some circumstances you may have to pay a contribution, depending on the amount of work required and the efficiency of the property.
What If You Don't Qualify?
Even if you don't qualify for a grant, EnergyLink can arrange for you to receive up to 3, free surveys and quotes from approved local heating installers.
All companies know they are competing against each other which helps to drive down the price.Read More
EnergyLink will put you in touch with an approved installer working in your local area who has access to grant funding.
Why Use EnergyLink?
We are a long established company with industry experienced staff. We provide a full support service and will process your enquiry in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Established since 2007.
- Staff are industry experienced.
- Full support provided.
- Data Protection Registered.
- Installers fully approved.
- High installer standards.
Our installers are fully vetted and work to extremely high quality standards.
EnergyLink have helped many thousands of customers since June 2007 with grants for Home Insulation and Central Heating. We understand the industry and try our very best to put you in touch with the right people.
Our installer criteria is as follows:
- Access to grants & Green Deal.
- Arrange a free survey.
- High standards of Quality.
- High standards of Customer Care.
- High standards of Health & Safety.
- Public Liability Insurance.
- Registered with trade bodies.
Note that surveys are always free if you qualify for a grant or if you require quotes.
Installers must be registered with:
- Green Deal ORB.
- Gas Safe.
- OFTEC (oil only).
We also undertake regular checks to make sure that all installers maintain their accreditations.Read More